LOCATION & DATES: Friday, June 10 thru Sunday June 12, 2016 – ASU Sun Devil Fitness Center. 400 E. Apache Blvd. Tempe 85287. This event is an RPAA/USAR sanctioned tournament.
ENTRY FEES/ONLINE ENTRY: Adults $30 first event; $20 each additional event. Juniors – $20 first event; $14 each additional event. Events limited to 3 events per person. On-line entries for Racquetball will be taken ONLY at this link: http://www.r2sports.com/tourney/home.asp?TID=17421 . NOTE: Registration will NOT be taken through the mail or in the Grand Canyon State Games Office.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Entry deadline is Saturday, June 4, 2016 with no late fee. Entries made Sunday, June 5, 2016 or later, add $15 late fee. Any entry made on or after Tuesday, June 7, 2016 is accepted only with Commissioners’ approval and will be based on availability – $15 late fee applies.
CONSOLATION: Rounds will be available for draws of 6 or more players/teams. First round losers will have the option of signing up to play in a consolation round, which will be played on Sunday. The deadline for signing up for the Consolation Rounds is at the close of Saturday night’s play. The sign-up sheets will be posted at the tournament desk. Players will receive an email late Saturday night with their times to play the Consolation Rounds starting at 9 am Sunday morning.
DIVISIONS: This will be an RPAA/USAR sanctioned event. Sanctioned Tournament players compete for State & National ranking points. Players must have a current USA Racquetball membership. USA Racquetball memberships will be available on-line when entering or at the Tournament desk for a $50 annual fee. There is also a one-time weekend membership available for $20.00.
SANCTIONED TOURNAMENT DIVISIONS:
Men’s Skill: Open/Elite, A, B, C, D
Women’s Skill: Open/Elite, A/B, C/D
Men’s Age: 25+ O/A, 25+ B/C, 35+ O/A, 35+ B/C, 45+ O/A, 45+ B/C, 55+ O/A, 55+ B/C, 65+ O/A, 65+ B/C, 75+ O/A, 75+ B/C
Women’s Age: 25+ O/A, 25+ B/C, 35+ O/A, 35+ B/C, 45+ O/A, 45+ B/C, 55+, O/A, 55+ B/C, 65+ O/A, 65+ B/C, 75+ O/A, 75+ B/C
Juniors – 18 & under, 16 & under, 14 & under, 12 & under, 10 & under, 8 & under
Men: Open, Elite, A, B, C
Women: Open, Elite, A/B, C/D
Mixed: Open/Elite, A/B, C/D
RULES: Starting times available online at: http://www.r2sports.com/tourney/home.asp?TID=17421 , after 5 pm on Wednesday June 8, 2016.
- USA Racquetball rules will be used for all tournament play. Divisions with 4 or less participants/teams will be Round Robin format. All divisions will be 2 games to 15 with a tie-breaker to 11 (if necessary). Juniors will be Round Robin format.
- Lensed eyewear must meet USAR approval.
- Official Ball: Pro Penn Green
- Out-of-town players must be available for play on Friday, June 10 after 5 pm, or make a comment on your entry stating what time you will be available to play and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
- Tournament Director reserves the right to combine events as deemed necessary. All events self officiated.
For more information, please contact Tournament Director Dianne Doerschel at 206-713-6129 or email@example.com.