Dates/Location: Saturday (Youth) & Sunday (Adult), July 30-31, 2016, ASU Mona Plummer Aquatic Center in Tempe
Entry Fees: Youth: one event, $20; two events, $25; 3-5 events, $30 (maximum of 5 swims total). Adults: up to 5 events, $35.
Entry Deadline: Entries must be submitted on-line or postmarked on or before July 25, 2015. Any later entry will be accepted only with Commissioners’ approval and a $15 late fee. ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRIES ACCEPTED THE DAY OF THE MEET! Heat and lane assignments available day of MEET.
Awards: Special Grand Canyon State Games medals, with neck ribbons, for top three event finishers in each division in each age-group.
Competition Divisions: (Maximum of 5 swims total per athlete)
- Recreation – Athletes 18 or younger, not training at a USA Swimming club or competing in a USA Swimming meet after 3-15-16.
- Open Any athlete 18 or younger, regardless of USA swimming participation.
- Adult – Any athlete 19 or older, regardless of registration (i.e. USA Swimming, USMS, etc.).
NOTE: No affiliations with any swimming governing body is required for participation
- USMS athletes must provide a copy of their USMS registration number if they wish their times to be recognized
- USA Swimming rules apply to Sessions 1 and 2; USMS rules apply to Session 3
- USA Swimming APPROVAL and USMS RECOGNITION will be sought to allow times achieved at GCSG to be available for use in competitions within those organizations.
- Age on competition date sets swimmer’s age group.
- Swimmers in sessions 1 & 2 & 3 should enter with a SHORT COURSE (SCY) time for that distance.
- If the swimmer has no time, enter as NT. Event entries without times will be seeded as “NO TIME.”
Session 1: Saturday, July 30, 2016
Ages: 6 & Under, 8 & Under (up to 5 event limit)
Warm-up: 7:00 a.m., Start: 8:00 a.m.
Event order: 8 & Under 100y Free, 6 & Under 50y Free, 8 & Under: 50y Back; 6 & Under: 25y Back; 8 & Under: 50y Breast; 6 & Under: 2y Breast; 8 & Under: 50y Fly; 6 & Under: 25y Fly; 8 & Under: 50y Free; 6 & Under: 25y Free, 8 & Under: 100y Individual Medley (“IM”).
Awards will be presented at the end of the session for both Recreation and Open divisions.
Session 2: Saturday, July 30, 2016
Ages: 10 & Under: 11-12; 13-14; 15-18 (8 & Under, 6 & Under may enter 10 & Under events, subject to 5 event day total limit).
Warm-up: Throughout session 1, Start: At end of Session 1 awards, no sooner than 10:00a.m. Event order: 100y Free, 10 & Under: 11-12, 13-14, 15-18; 50y Back, 10 & Under: 11-12; 100y Back, 13-14, 15-18; 50y Breast, 10 & Under, 11-12; 100y Breast, 13-14, 15-18; 50y Fly, 10 & Under: 11-12; 100y Fly, 13-14, 15-18; 50y Free, 10 & Under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-18; 200y IM,
10 & Under: 11-12, 13-14, 15-18.
Sessions 1 and 2 shall each have both Recreation and Open events; athletes eligible for Recreation may enter some Open events but are subject to 5 TOTAL SWIMS PER DAY LIMIT. Swimmers MAY NOT enter both classes for the same event.
Session 3: Sunday, July 31, 2016
Adult Age Groups: 19-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69;
Warm-up: 7:00 a.m. Start: 8:00 a.m.
Event order: 100y Breast, 200y Free, 100y Back, 50y Free, 200y Fly, 50y Breast, 200y Back, 100y Fly, 200y Individual Medley, 50y Back, 200y Breast, 100y Free, 50y Fly,
All events in session 3 will be seeded by time. Awards will be given by division and age group.
For more information on Swimming competition contact Mary Kramer at email@example.com